16 December 2006

Communication Cult Divers

Picture a black girl who's a little shorter and enjoys more than her share of soul food. She's 25 and incredibly friendly, but speaks in very thick Ebonics and teaches my communication and cultural diversity class at GA state. Mother taught me to know my professors well. "Your teachers are in control of your grades. If they know you want an A, they'll give you an A." So I got to know this one on a personal level because I really wanted an A and I knew that my level of interest in the subject mater was not going to pull me through considering it was about a 1 with 10 being the most interested.

At first, we were told that the final would require as much studying as our Chemistry classes. But by the end of the semester, it was posted online and we could take it anywhere from 8 to 5pm. I orchestrated a little meeting in a computer lab on campus which was the smartest thing I've ever done.

Amy Longnecker is this amazing girl who I became friends with thru our Gmail accounts. I sent an email to everyone in this class at the beginning of the semester, so all the email addresses were automatically saved in my contacts list. Being that Amy had Gmail too, we were able to chat every time we were online. She ended up being the super star at the final exam meeting. Making sure the answers were correct and writing them all down. It was really very wonderful!

No comments: