Holy Cow! Then we got greedy. We couldn't just stick with our one movie, the Blood Diamond was about to start as ours was about to finish. Might of dipped down in the well one too many times. This joker was not for me at all. Scary Larry. 
They show a lot of scenes where the government is losing. And I can't handle that kind of stuff. I once saw a scene while flipping thru cable where the bad guys where doing horrible things to the soldiers that they captured. It must have been an 8 second thing, but the nightmares I still have from that scene.... yucka!
I had been using my best British accent to say The Blood Diamond for several days before seeing the movie. So I was pretty excited to actually see just how enormous that thing was. We got out of the movie and I started calling my friend Joseph. Having never been to Africa myself, I needed to know if this was an accurate depiction. Joseph is from Uganda, so he said he wasn't sure about how it was in other countries but that he would see the movie and get back to me. I'm hoping it's not accurate because I would hate to have to mark 'go on an African Safari' off of my list of things to do before I'm 40.
1 comment:
Good to hear from you. I'm adding you to my list of reads. I've been laughing about your law school story--that's a great one! I agree with your take on "The Pursuit." Will Smith is moving up in my favorite actor list because of it though! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment