30 November 2006

The house on West Wesley

Ah. Yet another one of life's great mysteries. Why are gay men so successful? David has just purchased a 2nd home and it just happens to be right in the heart of Buckhead just off West Wesley. It's amazingly cool w/ a brick wall in every single room (with exception to the middle bathroom). And while the yard will require a good bit of work before it makes its debut in Southern Living, the creek running thru the back and the little tables and chairs sitting on the moss covered brick patio make for a quite lovely view from the kitchen window. Kristen has just moved into one of the bedrooms and they have given me the back corner room. There are windows everywhere which, even when I'm covered head to toe in warm clothing, have a way of making me feel very naked. I imagine it must be something similar to how the roommates of reality tv must feel. The blinds don't work in my room so when I'm there alone, I sleep in David's room. It's a fabulous house with lots of work to be done still.

Kristen and I woke up early on Saturday and tackled the large living room off of the kitchen. By the time we were finished, everything was either in a closet or stored under the bench along the wall. I only wish I had half the energy and desire to clean as Kristen does. The things she can do with a sponge, a bucket, and a little pine sol/water solution would make any house wife stare in awe.

No comments: