29 November 2006

Law school?

While the new science building is being finished, the nursing offices are in the Urban Life Building (aka, law building). So I'm walking through the school of law today and I'm in a good mood, so I'm smiling at strangers. And as a very tall cute boy walks past and says hi, I begin to wonder...

Why am I not hanging out in this building all the time? Meeting these hot soon to be lawyers? It's at this exact moment that I realize the speakers in the ceiling are no longer playing music.

It's a woman... who sounds familiar... so I look up to see if it's a television and can find nothing. Not even speakers, but i still hear her. I spin around looking for her because I've now realized that this is the voice of my biology professor. The cute boy is long gone and I'm now engaged in a one person game of Where is Dr. Borek.

I turn around to walk back past the classroom I had just passed when I hear her explaining the metabolic pathways... why in the world is she explaining glycolysis to a bunch of lawyers? I'm looking everywhere. It isn't until AFTER I've spun in several circles and peaked in a classroom and walked the hall back and forth looking for speakers that I realize... the tape recorder in my backpack has decided to play an old lecture. All by itself.

1 comment:

Jimmy, Laurie & Macey said...

I love this one! I can see the whole thing happening and it makes me laugh out loud. I love you!