18 October 2006

Kangoo Jumps

Last month, Marnie and Ali and me are walking to Marta when I find myself stiff in my tracks on the sidewalk with my mouth hanging wide open and both hands pointing while yelling "OH MY GOSH! LOOK AT THAT GUY! LOOK AT HIM! DO YOU SEE HIM?! WHAT IS HE DOING?! LOOK AT THAT!" I'm calling for everyone within earshot to see this HUGE black man in short shorts running down the middle of PEACHTREE STREET -- NOT a road you just go running down the center of unless you're in the road race on the 4th of July! Put away the fact that he's running down the center of Atlanta's busiest road (if you possibly can), and check out these shoes he's wearing! So he's BOUNCING up and down like he on the moon! We stood starring until he was out of sight. STRANGE!

This morning I was crazy late for the train and got there just before it pulled up. So I'm (in true Kimberly Christian "everything's a fire drill" pace) putting my things away in my back pack and finishing my diet pepsi near the trashcan and rushing to the "white line" so I can grab a seat, when I look over to see THE CRAZY MOON SHOE MAN!!! I wish I was more discrete sometimes, but my face says EVERYTHING. He starts giggling and before he can explain himself I said "I SAW YOU RUNNING DOWN PEACHTREE IN THOSE!" We talked for the entire train ride. Everyone was starring but the more my new friend talked, the faster he was quickly becoming one of the coolest people I have ever met. He's going to be on a reality show about these shoes called Kangoo Jumps later this fall. He just fit Michael Vick in a pair. Really crazy, but a great start to the day.

No comments: