24 June 2006

Colby's 4th Birthday Party

Are 4 year olds really more fun than 3 year olds? Or has my niece just realized that I'm not quite as scary as she once thought? Either way, somehow we've bonded and she actually enjoys the time we spend together now. It's a welcome relief. Laurie and Daddy took turns shooting video footage. Look, my favorite color green balloons!
I got to open all of her presents because she was really just interested in seeing what was in them, without opening them.


And she wanted to know what they all were but some were new and strange. Like the CD player and the Caboodle that Mother found in the bottom of her closet and somehow transformed into an art case. Very clever, Mother! You knew you'd use it sometime.
Colby was not interested in blowing out her own candles so she got a little help from her friend, Zoe. The puppy cake looked so much like a real puppy, I think I saw people petting it.

Colby was not so interested in running thru through the sprinkler with the other kids. She only wanted her Papa, and being the guy that he is... he ran right out there in his clothes and played for hours. It was great!

We were NOT getting in the sprinkler anytime soon. But we enjoyed watching very much.

No comments: