03 March 2007

Can I have a 90th Birthday too?

Larry Carroll has been a friend for several years now. Well, since I was in 8th grade I suppose. I was at the wedding reception where he caught the guarder belt, and his late wife, Tressie, caught the bouquet. They were married until I was in college at Auburn when she passed away. He then reconnected with his high school sweetheart, Helen. We just love her! When I said I was going to my friend's 90th birthday party, I think it took everyone a minute to comprehend. He sure doesn't act 90!
Here are Larry and Helen with Mother and Daddy. Larry kept telling Mother how pretty she is. She really is!


These are some other friends that I met about the same time. Ed and Doris Buckner. Sometimes we have such wonderful conversations that she reminds me of a second mother.

No comments: